Oliphant Science Awards
SOUTH AUSTRALIA'S LARGEST STUDENT SCIENCE COMPETITION GREAT OPPORTUNITIES FOR LEARNING THROUGH SCIENCE.
OLIPHANT SCIENCE AWARDS COORDINATORS INFORMATION SESSION 2014
Thursday 1st May - 4:45pm - Click Here to Register
Click Here for your formal invitation
COORDINATORS - Click here to register as your schools coordinator for 2014
STUDENTS - Click here to download the Rules & Criteria for the Oliphant Science Awards Categories.
REGISTRATION FORM - Click here to download a copy of the 2014 Registration form.
JUDGES - Click here to register to join the 2014 Oliphant Science Awards Judging Team
2014 Key Dates
- Thursday 19 June - Student Registrations close
- Friday 20 June - Judges Registrations close
- Friday 25 July - Final day for delivery of Games, Multimedia, Science Writing & Scientific Inquiry entries to SASTA Office (249 Henley Beach Rd, Torrensville)
- Saturday 9 August - Computer Programming & Robotics Judging Day at SASTA Office
- Friday 22 August - Crystal Investigation, Models & Inventions, Photography & Poster entries to be delivered to Thebarton Community Centre
- Saturday 23 August - Crystal Investigation, Models & Inventions, Photography & Poster Judging Day
- Sunday 24 August - Open Day - Thebarton Community Centre Midday-4pm
- Monday 25 August - Non-winning entries to be collected - Thebarton Community Centre
- Friday 19 September - Presentation Ceremony at the Norwood Concert Hall
Please be advised these dates are subject to change, times and locations to be advised at a later date.
|Computer Programming & Robotics||Models & Inventions||Posters|
|Crystal Investigation||Multimedia||Science Writing|
2014 Category Titles (for Photography, Posters & Science Writing)
CLICK HERE to see the category titles for 2014
SASTA would like to thank its generous sponsors without whom the SASTA Oliphant Science Awards would not be possible.
BHP Billiton Science Awards
All 2014 winning entries from the Scientific Inquiry and Models & Inventions categories will be invited to register for the 2015 BHP Billiton Science Awards. For more information about this competition please head to the competition website.
All registration forms and Models & Inventions video footage loaded on CD/USB need to sent to SASTA by the end of September.
About Previous Awards
Winning entries from the 2012 Scientific Inquiry and Models & Inventions categories were forwarded to the BHP Billiton Science Awards National Competition.
Finalists were invited to an all expenses paid, awesome four-day educational science camp and presentation event in Melbourne in February 2013. Part of this camp includes the final judging for the major prizes. More information here...
The national winners of the national BHP Billiton Science Awards will have the chance to participate in the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (Intel ISEF) in Los Angeles, California, USA. - Watch the Australian Team Experience at Intel ISEF 2011
The BHP Billiton Science Teacher Awards are open to Australian permanent residents who are primary or secondary school science teachers currently teaching in the classroom.
To view a copy of The Oliphant Science Awards 2013 Presentation Ceremony Booklet filled with all the information and winners from this years competition Click Here
Congratulations to Madeleine Lilburn (Loreto College) the winner of the 2013 SASTA Oliphant Science Awards.
Thank you to all that particpated in the 2013 awards, your involvement is appreciated and contributed to a successful event!
Congratulations to Will Russell (St John's Grammar School) the winner of the 2012 SASTA Oliphant Science Awards for his entry Senograph - A Gas Warning System.
A list of all the 2012 category award and sponsor prize winners can be downloaded here