Professional Development for Science and Technology teachers
The Electronics PD for Science and Technology Teachers ASISTM project ran from early 2007 until June 2008. It successfully sought to increase the understanding, confidence and skills of Science and Technology Teachers enabling them to teach electronics in their schools.
The project was coordinated by SASTA and supported by the Electronics Industry Association, with TAFE SA the primary PD deliverer, in conjunction with experienced teacher consultants and tertiary mentors.
Electronics PD was delivered to approximately 40 teachers from 20 schools drawn from metropolitan and Riverland areas. Approximately 1000 students were involved, with in-class support from Uni SA student mentors.
The program allowed Science and Technology Teachers from the middle school years, both primary and secondary, to network and develop common methodologies to improve the teaching of electronics in schools. It is intended that this will enhance student interest and engagement in both Science and Technology and possible careers in the electronice industry.
SASTA will continue to host the project documentation, and invites and users who may develop modified or niche versions to contact the SASTA office if they wish to have these made available to others through the website.
Acknowledgement: This material has been developed as a part of the Australian School Innovation in Science, Technology and Mathematics Project funded by the Australian Government Department of Education, Science and Training as a part of he Boosting Innovation in Science, Technology and Mathematics Teaching (BISTMT) Programme.
Teachers handbook with lesson plans.
TafeSA Supplied Resources:
- Energy Aboard Ship (Weblibrary ppt, 2.3 Mb)
- Basic Soldering Procedure (doc, 696Kb)
- Capacitor Test (doc, 72Kb)
- Capacitors (ppt, 1.4Mb)
- Colour Code Chart 07 (pdf, 204Kb)
- CRO (ppt, 204Kb)
- EIA TAFE Teacher Support (doc, 128Kb)
- eLabtronics Energy Saving Initiatives in Schools (pdf, 44Kb)
- ezCD Starter pack (pdf, 200Kb)
- Galvanic Cell (doc, 92Kb)
- Grey Water-SA Museum 2007 (pdf, 52Kb)
- Hand Soldering (ppt, 3.4 Mb)
- Handy Electronics Web Sites (doc, 60Kb)
- LED High Power http (doc, 456Kb)
- Lesson Planning
- Kit assembly
- Scotch College Yr 9 lessons
- Student pracs
- Mode 1 Home Work (doc, 236Kb)
- Picaxe (ppt, 180Kb)
- Resistors (ppt, 2.6Mb)
- Sold Notes (doc, 2.6Mb)
- Solder (pdf, 204Kb)
- Teacher Pracs
- Science Teacher Prac Book (doc, 1.3Mb)
- The PN Junction (doc, 44Kb)
- X tal Radio (doc, 236Kb)