News & Announcements
Check here for News and Announcements from SASTA:
Current news regarding Year 12 SACE Exams
Below is a list of articles related to information about this year's SACE exams:
8 April, 9 News Facebook Live
LIVE: SACE board update
7 April, In Daily
School virus debate as national death toll climbs
- "Education ministers have pushed a separate discussion about Year 12 students back until later this week."
- "Year 12 exams are expected to be postponed until at least December and universities will likely be asked to delay the start of the 2021 academic year."
1 April, The Guardian
Australian universities change admissions as coronavirus disrupts education
- "ministers were unable to agree on the makeup of end-of-year exams at an education council meeting last week"
- "For now, state education ministers say end-of-year exams will proceed"
31 March, YouTube
COVID-19 readiness - you CAN ask that! Students ask questions to the SACE Board and SATAC
23 March, In Daily
“Mathematically impossible” to socially distance at SA schools: teachers
- "In terms of the end of year exams that make up the other 30 per cent of a student’s grade, we are working with the assumption that the exams will go ahead as usual."
SASTA office closure
Following Government advice, the SASTA office will be closed to the public after 5 pm, 30 March.
SASTA is still open for business, with staff working from home during normal office hours (9−5).
You can still contact the office on 8354 0006 or via email.
You can still order resources, but they will be sent to you; collection from the office will not be available.
SASTA Oliphant Science Awards
The SASTA Oliphant Science Awards will be going ahead in 2020!
With COVID-19 having a huge impact on all of our lives at the moment, we are surrounded by and dependent on science!
Working on a project can happen at school or at home -- so start thinking about your project ideas!
We know these are tricky times, but if you’re looking for something to do these school holidays when you might normally be out and about, then maybe it’s the perfect time to do some photography, start programming, or invent a new game!
Show us what you can do!
Head to the website for lots more information about the competition: