2019 Early Career Teachers Conference
Friday 11 October 2019 | Immanuel College
Call for workshop presenters
Conference theme: Teaching science inquiry with a STEM perspective
The aim of the conference is for participants to engage in first-hand experiences that exemplify best practice in supporting students to develop science understanding and skills that build capability in STEM. Ideally our early career teachers will walk away with a deeper understanding of the science content and the skills and resources to engage their students in learning.
The conference will include specialised workshops for both primary and secondary teachers.
POSSIBLE WORKSHOP IDEAS:
- Laboratory investigations – planning and implementation
- Re-imaging the science curriculum
- Practical strategies to implement directly into classroom
- Teaching design technology through science inquiry
- Working as a specialist science teacher in a primary setting
- Integrated learning units
- Supporting STEM education in secondary science contexts
We encourage teachers with all levels of experience to share their ideas through presenting to their colleagues. Click here to submit a workshop. All we need is a working title and a brief description of what you propose to cover.