2019 SASTA Annual Conference & Expo
15-16 April 2019
Theme: Thinking Science
The Conference will address a range of the content and pedagogies of the Australian Curriculum: Science. Session attendees will be actively involved in learning through a practical and investigative approach and include links to real world examples of contemporary science in STEM.
Call for Workshops
SHARE your good ideas … submit a workshop proposal for the conference!
Presenting workshops for your colleagues is an excellent way to share best practice and develop a community of educators across the State.
TAKE PART in a broad program of professional learning workshops for primary and secondary teachers, including laboratory and computer workshops, hands-on activities, seminars and discussions.
GAIN valuable experience in leading learning that will enrich your own professional standards.
Possible Workshop Ideas:
- Hands-on activities for primary, middle and senior school science teachers & laboratory officers;
- Use of technologies in teaching and learning;
- Integrated units of work of Science and Literacy etc;
- Ways of motivating students to consider science in their future careers;
- Improving students’ confidence and experiences in Science.