SASTA Early Careers Teachers Conference 2018
Friday 12 October 2018 | Immanuel College
Call for Workshop Presenters now open!
Conference Theme – Knowing, understanding and doing science.
Knowledge on its own isn’t enough; it’s the understanding of the science content that brings it to life.
This conference is an opportunity for early career and pre-service teachers to be involved in interactive learning activities that deepen their understanding of the science content and gives them the skills and resources to engage their students in learning.
The Conference will include specialised workshops for both Primary and Secondary Teachers.
Possible Workshop Ideas:
- Laboratory investigations – planning and implementation
- Hands-on/investigative learning
- STEM teaching and learning
- Linking science learning to the real world
- Working as a specialist science teacher in a primary setting
- Use of technologies in teaching and learning Integrated learning units
We encourage teachers with all levels of experience to share their ideas through presenting to their colleagues.