Year 8 & 9 Practical Investigation Workbooks
Year 8 & 9 Practical Investigations Resources
The SASTA Year 8 & 9 Practical Investigations Resources are student workbooks written to align directly with content and structure of the Australian Curriculum: Science.
This item has a minimum order of 20 copies as it is a student write-in workbook and not a blackline master.
These workbooks contain new, up-to-date, engaging and innovative science practicals in an easy to use design. These write-in workbooks guide students through each investigation, encouraging them to practice and enhance their inquiry skills, design procedures and answer questions about their learning.
Each practical investigation comes complete with an assessment rubric to allow teacher feedback on student learning. The assessment rubrics have all been designed to reflect the achievement standards for Science Inquiry Skills in the Australian Curriculum: Science.
- Science Investigations that comprehensively explore the content of Biological sciences, Chemical sciences, Earth and Space sciences and Physical sciences for the Year 8 or 9 Australian Curriculum.
- An emphasis on Science Inquiry Skills.
- Explanations of how to work scientifically, including; manipulating variables, graphing and measurement.
- Australian Science Curriculum overview that highlights the context explored in each of the three standards; Science Understanding, Science as a human endeavour and Science Inquiry skills.
- Assessment rubrics for each practical giving an A - E scale for assessing the Science Inquiry skills.
- Consistent, easy to use format.
Cost: $18.50 (including GST) per book
Minimum order of 20 copies.
Anyone purchasing smaller quantities will have their monies refunded automatically. (this can be negotiated for schools with smaller class sizes).
Click here to purchase your copies online.
Click here to view sample pages of the Year 8 Workbook
Click here to view sample pages of the Year 9 Workbook including an engineering design challenge.