Interested in becoming a sponsor or having a trade display at the Conference?
Click here to find out more or to register.
Friday 2 December 2022
Theme: Modelling STEM
The 2022 STEM Conference will bring together science, mathematics, design and technologies and digital technologies teachers, classroom teachers, leaders in education and businesses who are interested in sharing and exploring teaching methods, tools, resources, and related activities for implementing Maths, Science & STEM education into our schools and communities.
Call for workshops is now open - click here to submit a presentation.
Some topics you may wish to consider when preparing your workshop session:
- What does modelling mean?
- How do you use modelling in science?
- VR modelling for processes that are hard to comprehend or replicate
- Modelling for conceptual understanding
- Role plays-students modelling concepts or processes
- Science by Doing
- Where are models useful and where do they risk introducing misconceptions?
- Creating models for assessment, keeping science at the core of the learning process
- Using APPS and tech for modeling and data access
- Why do scientists use models?
- What are the limitations of models?
- Teacher attitude - modelling STEM inquiry
- Mathematical models in science
- Finding misconceptions through student modelling
Hosted by the South Australian Science Teachers Association and the Mathematical Association of South Australia.