Call for Workshops now open! Click here to submit an abstract.
Friday 14 October
Nazareth Catholic College
Theme: Surviving to Thriving
How do teachers move from simply surviving to actively thriving in the profession?
The aim of the conference is for our early career science teachers to walk away equipped with the resources and best practice strategies for building their confidence, wellbeing and capabilities.
The Conference will include specialised workshops for both Primary and Secondary Teachers
You may wish to consider choosing from the categories below when determining the focus of your presentation:
Practical Tips for Teacher Wellbeing
- exploration of the reality of teaching experiences and the chance to address challenges that may arise in these early years.
- professional and personal wellbeing
- classroom management skills such as building relationships and maintaining high expectations and consistency
- working with peers, administrators, and parents to build support and foster collaboration
- online teaching strategies
Unpacking the curriculum
- highlighting the essential components of the science curriculum e.g. SHE, General Capabilities, to allow teachers to develop effective and engaging lessons and teaching programs
- teaching specific aspects of the science understanding content
- STEM education
- developing creative strategies to integrate the science inquiry skills and critical and creative thinking into the teaching of science
- building student capacity to construct their own learning.
- teaching social and emotional learning skills
- discussing how different types of assessment can be used to monitor student achievement and guide future learning opportunities